PENDING LEGISLATION ATTACKS HOUSING PROVIDERS
Do you have residential real estate investments in Illinois? If you do, you should be worried. The State of Illinois may take away your right to determine the rent for your rental property and hand it to local government bureaucrats.
A proposal to repeal the state-wide ban on Rent Control is working its way through our State Legislature. Rent Control is much more than regulating rent increases. It is a broad proposal that will strip away your property rights and eat away your profits.
RENT CONTROL IN YOUR COMMUNITY MAY MEAN
- You may no longer set the rent amount for your property. That decision may be decided by bureaucrats.
- You may no longer raise rent without permission
- You may no longer use the profit of your business as you see fit
- You may be subject to differing Rent Control depending on the jurisdiction
Property rights are a fundamental value. Capitalism has made our country strong. Encouraging economic growth benefits all the citizens of Illinois. But now these principles are under attack.
When do we say enough? What will it take for you to act? The time for action is now!
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
- File a Witness Slip opposing HB 255 here. Witness Slips are easy to complete and take only minutes of your time. Make your voice heard before time runs out! Do this now, please!
- Contact your State Legislator. Go to www.illinoispolicy.org/maps/ to find your elected official. Let them know you oppose HB255 and that rent control hurts everyone, especially those in need of affordable housing!
Don’t wait to act. Organized groups are pushing this assault on your rights. Don’t assume this issue will go away. Each one of us must do our part.
Thank you for your help on this urgent issue.